Friday, March 27, 2020

Once Anorexic, now Overweight and struggling with injuries, diet, etc. Tips/Suggestions?

Hi everyone!

So during this quarantine I've had a lot more time on my hands and have decided to start a diet/exercise/weight loss regimen. I'm excited and feel that I'm doing it for the right reasons, however...

I have a very addictive personality and tend to do things to extremes. In my 21 years of life, I have been as small as 105 lbs (anorexic weights) and am now a whopping 70 lbs heavier than that. My weight usually fluctuates +- 20 lbs a year because of my depression, so at first I wasn't concerned. I knew it was time to lose some weight when my blood pressure was high twice in a row on weekly doctors visits.

I am a VERY high stress person, have trouble feeling full, have an oral fixation (i like to chew on things), and have several old injuries that make exercise difficult. After a nice session, I often have trouble walking normally (calf injury, groin injury, back injury- all of which flare up when exercising and will apparently be that way until they get stronger) after workouts. I'm getting back into things but I'm having trouble understanding what is a healthy amount of exercise and how to eat to keep myself satisfied. I'm shooting for 1 hour of exercise (mod+high intensity) and 1300 calories of food a day. My old workouts were 1 hour of elliptical + 30 minutes weights and that worked REALLY well for me...but now I can't even run outside because I have a weak immune system and the sidewalks/parks/tracks here are still really crowded amidst the quarantine.

I know I can do this, I just need helps and tips on how to overcome things like my injuries or my inability to ever really feel full. I'm scared that if I don't see results fast enough I'm going to just want to go cold turkey, falling into old habits and not eating. Does anyone have advice?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/NinaMitsuki
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33QujzL

No comments:

Post a Comment