Monday, March 30, 2020

Exercise and weight loss goals

Hello everyone. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to include a lot of details.

I’m currently in the middle of my weight loss process, and had a couple of questions about exercise and final weight goals. I’m a 39 year old male that’s 6 ft tall. I started out about a year and a half ago at a minimum weight of 375 lb, but was probably higher than that at the start. Since then I’ve kept calories around 1500 per day, and I’m now down to 250 lb with at least 10-15 lb of excess skin (not pretty, I know).

About 3 weeks ago I checked my BP for the first time in a while, and it was 135/80 with a resting heart rate of 88. Those high numbers spooked me, and I added exercise to my routine. I’m currently jogging 2 mile every day on a treadmill (average time is 26 min and heart rate staying around 155). Since then my BP has come down to 118/65 and my resting heart rate is now 62.

Questions: 1. Is the quick, dramatic improvement in BP and heart rate normal after 3 weeks of exercise?

  1. Would the exercise be considered light or moderate intensity when using a calorie calculator?

  2. What are some realistic and proper weight and exercise goals from here?

Thanks for reading and for any input.

submitted by /u/beermaker38
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39phPjD

No comments:

Post a Comment