Monday, March 30, 2020

How to start running outside?

Hello friends! I’m 5’7”, 20, and about 136 pounds. I’m really unhappy with my body image and want to take it slow and steady in getting my ideal weight/body. I want to lose around 15-20 pounds. I eat really healthily, mostly veggies (both raw and cooked). I’m not super strict though and will indulge in cake or some fried chicken every now and then. I never counted calories in my life, but I figure I’m either around or under the recommended amount for my demographic.

I gained a bunch of weight post high school (fall of 2017), like 20 pounds in 2ish months, but my doctor said it was healthy weight gain and that it should stabilize. He was right, I haven’t gained or lost any weight within a 3 pound margin for 2 and a half years. But I desperately want to go back to how I was before all of the weight gain.

And so, I figured the one thing I’m not really doing is exercising (which I know I should do regardless of weight loss motivation). Since I came to this realization during quarantine, gyms aren’t really an option. I’m really self conscious and I hate running in front of people, so how do you guys jog/run outside? What tips do you have for first timers? How long and how fast would you run as a beginner? I’ve never intentionally exercised in my life apart from a few isolated times, so my body is hopelessly out of shape.

BONUS: would anyone recommend jump roping over jogging outside? Are they both equally beneficial in weight loss? If jump rope is as a good an option, I’d rather that.

submitted by /u/Starrystar04
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2wDuFha

No comments:

Post a Comment