Sunday, March 29, 2020

living with lazy parents and a hard time losing weight

So, most people are in quarantine, which is good. I understand that boredom and stress cause stress eating, but it has just been exacerbated with my parents. Because I am not in my college town, not in any of my college classes, not in clubs, and not working, all of my social interaction comes from my parents and my dog. The problem is, is that the only thing they ever do is sleep, watch TV, and eat. Like, unless if we are in front of the TV eating food, there is no "bonding". It is so frustrating because there is junk food everywhere, I am bored and lonely, but then if I want social interaction, the only way I get it is by eating and/or watching TV. I tried getting my parents to go on walks with me, clean the basement with me, workout with me, play games, etc. Do active, fun, bonding things. I do not consider watching TV bonding, because you're not actually talking to each other. But instead, it's either eat, sleep, or watch TV. I've pretty much given up on doing things with them. I have gained 10 pounds in the last month! UGH!

I know everyone is going through a hard time, so I hope you're staying safe and trying to somewhat stay on track for weight loss. If anyone is dealing with a family who brings down your health goals (consciously or unconsciously), just know I feel you!

submitted by /u/iamjustventing
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3brGGVA

No comments:

Post a Comment