Monday, March 30, 2020

Weird stall in week two, push through it or change habits?

Ok so I'm coming up on week 2 of taking my weight loss journey seriously, and I've already come to a weird wall and have a question. Just for context I'm 30, male, and started at 450 pounds.

So week one started two Thursdays ago, and I was off to the races with a great plan. Had pre-packed meals for work, planned on a diet of mostly just meat vegetables and fruit, with very little carbs. Admittedly, I had some missteps in week one, stopped by Jack in the Box and Taco Bell once each, bought candy about 3 of the 7 days, and generally had a fairly bad bagel and pop tarts cheat late into day 6 after I'd reached my meal goal for the day.

Still, at 450 any small change is a leap, I walked into week two at 440, and happy about that. Even the little bit that's been done my feet are already feeling much better (been having some heel problems like plantar fasciitis or something.) So I commit to doing better in week two, buckling down harder, and cheating less. Of course this has lead to fairly long stretches of being hungry at work, where my meal is prepared ahead of time and I refuse to buy anything while I'm out. It also means that I've been forcing myself to come to terms with going to bed at night hungry rather than having something before bed like usual.

I'm currently on day 5 of the second week and the scale is stuck at about 436. Four pounds is nothing to scoff at, but a sharp decline from last week's gains. I don't let it discourage me but rather encourage me to work even harder in week 3, but it was rather perplexing that it pretty much stayed 439 for like 3 or 4 days.

My question is do I push through this like it doesn't exist? Keep doing what I'm doing and it'll go back to normal when my body adjusts? Or do I make some sort of change to kickstart the loss back into gear?

submitted by /u/CptArchon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QXKw10

No comments:

Post a Comment