Monday, March 30, 2020

To anybody with loose skin, has it improved with time?

Hi all,

From December 2018 to January 2020, I lost 70lbs. I went from 250 to 180 (5'4/F/27). My weight loss rate was very inconsistent throughout that time period. I started at a stable 1lb a week, jumped to 3lbs a week, maintained for 4 months and then back to 1lb a week.

Once the new year started, I got a burst of motivation and decided I would work really hard to lose the last 50lbs (my GW is 130l). As I mentioned, I was 70lbs down by this stage but had NO loose skin... I felt super lucky and happy about this.

From January 1st, I have lost 25lbs, I am now 155. The paper towel effect is starting to happen for me, I can't believe how big the visual difference has been with this 25lb loss - 4 inches from my waist! The majority of this weight has come off my face, arms, breasts and stomach. However, I went to having no loose skin to a moderate amount on my breasts within 12 weeks. I have minimal loose skin on my lower stomach and inner thighs, it doesn't bother me as it isn't noticeable.

However, my breasts have sagged and when I pull up my bra, the skin gathers and it is very unattractive looking. When I was very overweight, they were the only thing I liked about my body because they were even and perky despite being so big. I am kinda bummed out about it. Especially because I have another 25lbs to go!

I guess what I am wondering is, to anyone who has had this issue - did it improve with time? I have started dry brushing, applying vitamin E oil, taking collagen supplements and drinking more water. Any other tips?

I always thought surgery may need to be an option when I reach my GW, though it was always an issue that seemed so far away. Weird to think it's getting close to that stage!

submitted by /u/Stellaxbo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QWRYt6

No comments:

Post a Comment