Sunday, March 29, 2020

Weight and sleep

Y'all rock. I'm so impressed by how much everyone here is able to accomplish. I've been lurking for about a year, and I'm down all of 10 pounds. Maybe I'm not taking it seriously because my current weight is meh - alright, but I have struggled to get past the initial sudden 15 lb gain that made me decide I need to do something.

I think my main issue is sleep. It has two problems:

I'm a terrible insomniac, and if I dont overeat before bed, I have trouble sleeping. Also, if I don't get enough sleep, I can't control my hunger the next day. It's a losing game. My willingness to stick to a calorie budget just loses its feeling of importance when I'm sleep deprived.

I finally decided medicating for sleep is probably worth it and not just for weight loss. I have tried CBD, diphenhydramine, Nyquil, and melatonin. CBD just makes me wake up again later, but any of the rest work for me.

I eat a smaller dinner, I get a good night's sleep, I am not a ravenous idiot every other day, and I've started losing again!

So, for whoever needs to hear this: don't put yourself in situations in which you know you will inevitably make bad decisions. It's okay to medicate to get sleep, or to resolve other issues that are impacting your ability to make good decisions.

submitted by /u/KariTether
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bxb3tI

No comments:

Post a Comment