Thursday, March 26, 2020

How to calculate your daily calorie needs

I'm not new to weight loss by any means, I've been doing it for months now, and ofc in the beginning, I looked at some TDEE calculators to see how many calories I needed every day.

I always used a few different ones since they all gave me slightly different numbers, and I ended up just doing a 1200 calories a day diet to make sure I'm definitely in a deficit. It's been working well for me.

But now I only have a few pounds left to lose and as I'm nearing the maintenance phase, I'm starting to worry more about getting an accurate number. I honestly don't trust all the calculators and would rather calculate it myself.

A little formula that has popped up here and there is 655.1 + (9.6 × weight in kg) + (1.8 × height in cm) - (4.7 × age in years)

This is your BMR, and then you multiply your BMR with 1.2 if you're sedentary, up to 1.7 if you're really active.

I did some calculations, with my current weight, my old weight, goal weight, etc. and I still don't know if I trust the whole thing, bc the numbers that I get out of it seem awfully high (but maybe that's just my brain after thinking in 1200 calories for months).

What is your opinion on this? How do you handle this? Do you trust the calculators? Any tips?

submitted by /u/lisa471
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ar7dSM

No comments:

Post a Comment