Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Plateau Breaking Accountability Post

So, I have been sailing along nicely, losing weight steadily and sticking to my routine, but then...

I haven't lost any weight for almost two weeks now, and while it's still early to freak out, I have decided to take measures to boost me through this.

Current weight: 62.8kg

My earlier routine was 1200~ calories a day (some days a bit more, some days a bit less) with exercise mostly being walking to most places and running maybe once a week. I have been taking my measures, and while there are still some improvements there, they have slowed down drastically. Belly fat (my most problematic area) hasn't gone down in weeks.

After scavenging the internet for some tips, I have formed a new routine to try and help me get through this. Here goes.

-1400-1500 calories daily (My body might have adapted to a lower calorie intake)

-Intermittent fasting. 16:8-18:6 from 6pm until 10-12pm

-Drink coffee in the morning and green tea in the evening

-Do workouts from youtube daily. Do my usual pokemon Go route (5~k steps. Also practice social distancing! And carry hand sanitizer with you.) Run when having a break from youtube workouts (and weather is pretty.) Try adding weight training with dumbells 2-3 times a week (I've been extremely lazy on this because after the 30minute intense youtube workout I just want to shower and lay down.)

-Drink enough water! 2-3 liters a day with 1 liter coming in while fasting in the morning.

-Try not to stress. There's a lot happening right now and times are rough, but we'll get through this.

-Eat more protein. I have seriously been slacking off on this, so I'll have to get atleast 25% of my daily intake from protein.

-Less carbs. I've done keto with a bit of success but it's too restictive for me, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I'll reduce it to 50-100 grams per day to go easy on myself for now.

That's about it. I'll try to update in a month how this worked out with some possible insights on what seemed to help the most. Take it easy, this isn't a race. I'll get there when I get there. Love you all and good luck with your weight loss journey.

submitted by /u/fitnesstuff
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dsw4rq

No comments:

Post a Comment