Sunday, March 29, 2020

Theoretical weight loss calculation accurately matched with actual weight loss

Hey guys,

You might have rolled your eyes thinking "what a boring title", but it's actually quite interesting and it proves that tracking numbers do help a lot.

For years I've tracked two things:

  • My actual weight
  • My calories intake, activity level and body fat % (to calculate calories burnt)

I was impressed by how the second set of data was able to predict my actual weight.

First of all, I'm a 29M with history of weight gain and loss, here are some pics (Pic 1): https://imgur.com/a/Xwg46e0

You can see a chart (Pic 2) tracking my weight as measured on the scale and my weight as calculated based on calories intake & calories burnt. Weight as measured on the scale is shown in red, while the theoretical weight based on previous week's activities & food intake is shown in green.

For more details on the calculations, you can refer to Pic 3. I used:

  • Daily calorie spent = base metabolism + calories from activities
  • Base metabolism = body fat (lb) * 5 + lean mass (lb) * 13
  • Calories from activity = base metabolism * activity level (between 0,3 and 0,5 and for me 0,38)

Let me know if you are interested to know more about it.

Cheers

submitted by /u/misterjoo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QUBuSp

No comments:

Post a Comment