Friday, March 27, 2020

There’s hope for the breasts after all!

I’m a young woman. 19 years old. My entire childhood, from age 3 and beyond, I was either overweight or obese. When I was a baby, I was small and lithe. I was formula-fed but not chunky; I had to have special formula due to my severe milk protein allergy. As soon as I began eating “real” food, the weight piled on because my mom did not cook very often, and when she did cook, it was fatty and unhealthy. By sixth grade, I was 180 pounds. I was put on a sedative at age 12 to help with my major depression and psychosis. It caused me to devour anything in the house. By age 13, I was 230 pounds.

Age 17, I decide I didn’t wanna be, frankly, fat and miserable any longer. I started intermittent fasting, calorie counting, and major restriction. Now I’m 19, and though I’ve not weighed myself in a bit, I’m around the 140-pound area. And I feel great! However, there was a problem: my breasts. I have a ton of loose skin on my body. I like to make fun of it and joke with people, saying it’s my “dough.” I’m not too insecure about, but my breasts were another issue on their own.

Ever get curious and drop a few coins in a sock? Yeah. Like that. Pre-weight loss, I was a C-cup. Very full and busty. They had a few stretch marks but were otherwise fine. As soon as the weight fell off, they just sagged and shrunk. I’m now a small B-cup. At first, I could pinch the loose skin around them and pull it far out. Everyone insisted that I’m young and my skin would revert back to the way it was. I didn’t believe them, because they seemed so saggy and wrinkly beyond repair.

I was becoming discouraged. They weren’t fixing themselves like everyone said. At that point, the women in my family suggested I just “get a boob job” or “just get implants!” Now, I don’t like the idea of modifying a body I’ve worked so hard for. I may have my other loose skin removed later if it doesn’t tighten up, but my boobs are a no-go. I explained to them that, I prefer that no one touches my breasts and does anything with them, because I want to breastfeed any babies I adopt/a future wife will have. It’s important to me (a goal of one year of more) and I’d like my breasts to be natural in fear that a surgery would screw something up inside and I won’t produce milk or not enough to feed a baby. I know you can still breastfeed after having surgery on your breasts, but I just prefer to leave them alone in their natural state. And besides, even if I didn’t want to breastfeed/didn’t care if I could or not, why all the pressure on someone so young to change her body? If you want to do it, I will say go for it! But it’s not for me. I was getting upset because I could never say one thing about my breasts without someone chiming in with “get surgery.”

But alas! Almost 19 months into this weight loss journey and I just noticed that my breasts are most definitely reverting and tightening up. They do not sag as badly! They seem a little fuller despite being the same size. I think my youth is giving me an advantage! I’m so excited to see how they look when they finally settle down again. I didn’t believe that they could “go back to normal.” But they have. There’s hope!

I hope none of you ladies feel discouraged no matter what anyone tells you. They may sag and stay that way. If you accept it and choose not to have surgery, good on you! If you want to have surgery, go for it! Just don’t let anyone try and make that decision for you, about ANYTHING! Not even your other loose skin.

And for my weight loss bros out there, if you have loose skin, don’t let anyone push you into something you’re not comfortable with, either. They’re not you. You’ve worked hard for this body. We’ve ALL worked hard for these bodies.

Keep on motivating, and stay safe in quarantine out there. I know those snacks are tempting. Push through!

submitted by /u/CeCesReesesPieces
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UKOwTk

No comments:

Post a Comment