Saturday, March 28, 2020

Safe weight loss amount.

Due to the fact that I have a very high BMI (46.7), as well as high hypertension, I'm considered at a high risk of complication from COVID19.

I desperately need to lose weight. I've been putting off for years much to the chagrin of my doctor. But the idea of dying from COVID is not a pleasant one. Especially at the age of 32.

I weighed myself this morning, and I clocked in at 307lbs. To put me under Morbid Obesity I'd need a weight of 262lbs, achieving a BMI of 39.8. I obviously wouldn't stop here but it assists in the next question.

How much weight can someone lose weekly before its considered detrimental?

My current plan is to eat 1600-2000 calories, and exercise. My job is mostly at a desk, but 3x throughout my shift I set a 10 minute timer and walk around the building. Up and down stairs ect. By the end of the shift I usually get about 5000 steps in. After work I walk around the block twice and that finishes off my 10,000. It gets me around 700 calories burned.

Is 900-1300 calories a day, deducted from the 2900 calories to maintain my weight would put me at 3.2 - 4lbs per week loss.

Is that a safe weight loss? I understand that's probably not long term viable, but at least for the time being.It would take around 10 weeks to get under morbid obesity.

And thoughts are welcome.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Jkell84
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JiQF3x

No comments:

Post a Comment