Sunday, March 29, 2020

Tips for staying motivated - I’ve hit a plateau

So i started my weight loss journey last year in the summer, about 225lbs. I took a diet approach as opposed to a fitness one. It was terribly slow progress but i did shed a few pounds. Winter break hit and i gave in to a three week binge cycle, gained it all back. I turned my life around for the better starting early January 2020. Since I went back to college I figured I could pick an exercise regimen and stick to it for the next 10 weeks of winter quarter. And I think I did something right. I attended spin class 3-4x a week, cleaned up my diet, went on a caloric deficit. As of March 28, I weigh 199lbs, or lost about 25 pounds in total since I first began. My goal is to reach 150 eventually.

I just feel like I’ve hit a plateau. With the corona virus situation I was forced to go back home with my family, no gym, no exercise equipment. I can’t find the food that helped me get through the last 10 weeks because of all the panic buying, also many of the super markets in my town do not offer many of the healthy alternatives/organic snacks that I came to love back at my college town.

Whats worse is that I feel a difference in my body but don’t see one.... there’s literally no difference in my before and after photos. I’ve been stuck at the 199-201lb range for the past 3 weeks. And I’m beginning to doubt whether this is all worth it or not. I’ve always been fat. My whole life. I can’t imagine a skinny, fit me. Because she’s never existed. And I’m not sure if she ever will.

TL; DR : ive hit a plateau in my weightloss journey and don’t know how to stay motivated

submitted by /u/juicemeup1120
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3auO3eE

No comments:

Post a Comment