Sunday, March 29, 2020

I’ve Lost 60lbs, But I’m Scared I’ll Need MFP Forever!

I’m a late 20s female, 5’ 9”, who has gone from about 210 lbs. in 2015 to 150 lbs. now. I’m going to lose about 20 more lbs., though I am healthy now.

I’ve achieved this through tracking calories with MFP, going vegan, cooking at home and doing meal prep, and exercising daily. I probably wouldn’t have been able to do any of this if I didn’t also start working on my mental well being, but I digress.

Now that I can see the light at the end of the weight loss tunnel since I’m nearing my goal weight, I am starting to feel a little weird. Will I have to always count every calorie for the rest of my life to maintain? Will I always be quantifying every morsel for the rest of my life to prevent me from going back up in weight? Will I be tracking calories on my wedding day? Is this emotionally healthy? The thought of needing to be this vigilant forever scares me. I would love to think that one day I could do intuitive eating, but wasn’t that exactly what I was doing that led me to 210 lbs?

I would LOVE to hear from anyone here who has maintained. Thanks!

TL;DR I’m nearing the end of my weight loss journey and I’m scared I’ll be counting calories until I hit the grave, and that scares me.

submitted by /u/tallarnoldpalmer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aoj7Nf

No comments:

Post a Comment