Monday, May 11, 2020

2020 has been the wake up call I needed

F, 25, 5'6", SW: 273, CW: 254, GW: 159

  1. It didn't start well. In early January I somehow fractured my foot, and the doctors missed the fracture on the x-rays when I first went to the urgent care. I ended up walking around on a broken foot for two more weeks before demanding a second opinion. So then I was in a boot for 6 more weeks. It's amazing how much you appreciate your body once it breaks down on you. I realized at 25, I'm supposed to be at the peak of my health. But even before my foot fracture, I had trouble just running up and down the stairs at work a couple times a day. I didn't move more than I absolutely needed to. I hid from pictures, hated how I looked, and was always self-conscious. It was time to change.

I decided to start simply. CICO, using the food tracking app Lose It. Starting weight, 273 pounds. Goal rate of weight loss, 1.5 pounds per week. I decided against 2 pounds per week rate simply because the calorie allowance seemed a lot less than I felt I'd be able to maintain long-term. With as much weight as I plan to lose, I know it's a marathon, not a sprint. Goal weight, 159 pounds.

The first few weeks were rough. I suddenly was eating a lot less than I was used to, and my stomach wouldn't let me forget it. Instead of munching on some chips or such when the afternoon munchies hit, a hard candy (Werther's Caramel candies for the win) let me get a small sugar boost while also satisfying the need to eat something, at the expense of far less calories. Light mozzarella string cheese sticks are my go-to for a higher protein snack. My best investment was a small food scale. It has made tracking so much easier and a lot more accurate, especially when I cook homemade meals which are far more common now than ever before.

As of yesterday, May 10th, I have tracked my food intake for 75 days in a row! I have lost a total of 19 pounds! I am 1/6 of the way to my goal! I am feeling great about the progress I am making, as slow and steady as it is, and I felt the need to share. Wishing everyone all the best in their own weight loss journeys!

submitted by /u/Kyalia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bu9zAc

No comments:

Post a Comment