Friday, May 1, 2020

[210lbs-147lbs] Support through the -may-hem: 60lbs+ lost and a whole entire reddit community gained

June 13th 2018 was the day I decided to change my life. I was having health issues and showed signs of developing diabetes, all while just being 18 years old and graduating high school. You would think I'd realize how bad things were when I struggled to walk half a mile, or when pushing a grocery cart around the store was hard. But no. I continued to shove it away and let myself fall headfirst into a binge eating disorder.

Until June 13th 2018. On that day, I mustered up all the strength to make the decision. The decision to start. Bringing my legs to the scale, I stepped on. I weighed in at 210+ pounds (F/5"7' tall), and then I began the journey that led me to where I am now. Fast forward 1 year and 11 months, and I weigh 147lbs, the lowest I've ever weighed in my adult life.

Today is May 1st 2020, and I can be the first to say... that losing weight is HARD!

My regimen: It's shifted over the years, from OMAD to 20:4, and now I am doing 2MAD between 12PM to 5PM. Before COVID I would focus mainly on HIIT training and interval running/walking on the treadmill. Now my method of exercise will focus mainly on walking.

For this monthly update, I want to share one piece of advice on how to grapple with the difficult process of losing weight, and the ways it helped me:

My advice is to understand that there is support through the Mayhem.

This is something that I personally struggled with and still have a hard time accepting. I have always done things by myself. But with weight loss, having a community there for you is powerful. Not just because it's nice to feel like you're normal and not the only person pushing through this journey, but because you have the ability to learn SO MUCH!

r/loseit and reddit itself has been an invaluable tool for me in losing weight for this very reason. When you are on your own, you can get yourself into toxic mentalities or dangerous plans because of the misinformation that so many people have about losing weight. I learned that the hard way. But once I opened myself up to reddit and took in the personal experiences from you all, when I studied your journeys, I became prepared to embark on my own.

This is why I urge you all to remember that support IS here.

There IS support through the mayhem. There IS strength in asking for it.

And I, for one, am thankful for receiving it <3

https://ibb.co/RCBWRKM

submitted by /u/traumathrowawayacc
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d6JMir

No comments:

Post a Comment