Sunday, May 3, 2020

40 pounds (17kg) down, just wanted to share my thoughts and give some advice!

I started counting my calories at the beginning of the year and I've managed to lose 40lbs so far! I still have a long way to go but I'm incredibly proud of my progress. I've struggled with my weight my whole life and this is the first time I've ever been able to stick to a 'diet' for so long.

The advice people give here and in similar subs helped me a lot so I wanted to give some as well!

So, I have three important things to share:

First, I've learned that one of the most important things for weight loss is patience. At the beginning I used to step on the scale every day and feel defeated when the number hadn't moved or had gone up. It took me a while to figure out that my weight flunctuates A LOT. Most of the time my scale doesn't move for more than a week at a time, then I lose 2lbs in a day. Some days out of curiosity I weigh myself in the morning and before going to bed and I'm a few pounds heavier, which is crazy! Especially considering the things I've eaten that day don't weigh that much combined!! However weight just does that, so a little patience is needed. Just do your thing and wait it out, trust me results will come!

Second, if you're doing cico, track absolutely everything. This has been probably the thing that has kept me going the most. Track even when you go over your calories. Days like that happen, so don't beat yourself up over it. I promise that extra little something that's 300cals over your calorie budget won't ruin the progress you've made so far!

And last, I want to advise people to get an accountability buddy! I can't explain how nice and encouraging it is to talk to someone about the little ups and downs of dieting that you're going through together. (Not to mention meal ideas and recipe sharing!!!)

I hope this helps someone out there! Thanks for reading. :)

(stats for the curious: 24F 5'2 SW220CW180)

submitted by /u/celerycakes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KSRHny

No comments:

Post a Comment