Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Gaining weight back while I recover from an injury. Any tips on getting back on track?

24 / F / 5'4 / SW: 175 CW: 140 GW: 125

I started my weight loss journey 5 months ago and was almost to my goal weight of 125 lbs. My weight loss plan consisted of running and doing a loose version of whole 30. Then 4 weeks ago I was having a lot of pain in my foot so I saw a podiatrist who took x-rays and said I have a bad stress fracture in my second metatarsal. He put me in an aircast boot and said I'd need it for 4-6 weeks so obviously no running.

I went back yesterday hoping to get the boot off but no such luck. It hasn't healed so I have to go back in a few weeks. If anything it's actually more painful than it was at the beginning. I'm becoming a little depressed because I really miss running and I've gained 13 lbs since I stopped running. My eating habits haven't been as good and I go for walks to get a little exercise but it's just not the same as running. Also part of the problem is when I'm not exercising much I just feel less motivated to eat healthier.

Anyone have any tips on non weight bearing exercises or losing weight while recovering from an injury? My doctor suggested swimming but with all the local pools closed it's not an option right now. I'm dying to start transitioning out of the boot and start running again. Any advice/encouragement is much appreciated!

submitted by /u/wojo8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YJbYUy

No comments:

Post a Comment