Friday, May 8, 2020

Here's how I went from child hood obesity to healthy and fit!

Growing up in a Arab house hold, food was considered to be the life of the party and the topic of conversation in family gatherings. Portion sizes were never considered, and we ate fast in order to eat more (yes it was a race hahaha!). I'm sure many different cultures can relate.

We did not grow up learning nutrition, we grew up learning to love food and possibly create some sort of attachment to foods we love most and what our brains have learned is the most tasty and euphoric experience, maybe sometimes paired with entertainment sources like television or gaming. And finally, if you're the "product of your environment type" then certainly those around you who are overweight (may even be healthy weight) will seemingly make it "normal" to be and feel overweight.

In my experience, I was getting fatter every year of my adolescence, until about 10th grade. I found being fat to be normal, and living that type of life was normal to me, and eating/gaming and not being active was the life I wanted.

After watching my friends have the time of their lives outdoors and experiencing great things that would just tire me out and have me become a drag, I started training.

But training was not helping me at all because of my fixation with eating. I loved getting pastries, sodas, chips, and have that while I gamed. It was like drugs and I always needed it. You need to tell yourself that you can have this, but in a very small moderation.

What I did to kill this fixation was I cold turkey quit the sugary foods. What this does is, it will now start your withdrawl symptoms from the drug, sugar. You need to fight this as if you needed Rehab, because in a few weeks to a month, you will gag at the SIGHT of dessert food. Don't worry about working out or anything else, just focus your entire brain and physical on fighting you drug addiction to sugar, and treat it like a drug addiction too.

After I kicked my addiction to sugar, (when I say sugar, I'm talking about the artificial shit) and simultaniously cleaned up my diet, the numbers on the scale started dropping.

I began training and worked my way up to an expert level of training. I did cardio to the best of my own ability for at least 20-30 mins a day, and I hit those weights hard for an hour, counting ever second between reps and workouts, no chatting.

The numbers on the scale drop so fast, and In between all the weight loss, I started breathing oxygen more efficiently. The day I was able to breath this new breath of air, which the fat on my body previously was pretty much suffocating me, changed my whole life, and made fitness and healthy eating a lifestyle choice, rather than a time framed diet.

I hope this helped someone!

When I say sugar, I mean refined, artificial, cancer causing sugar, which is designed to make you crave more food rather than to fill you.

submitted by /u/Sambam127
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WBh1E0

No comments:

Post a Comment