Friday, May 8, 2020

Old Clothes are the best NSV

F19 5'3 SW: 134lbs CW: 120lbs GW: 110lbs

I've been trying to lose weight for roughly 3 months now. Just the basic CICO and been doing the chloe ting 2 week shred challenge + minimal exercise and stretching before bed.

Just a bit of background, I was always an overweight child. It's either I never grew out of the baby fat, or the baby fat just developed with me and turned into teenage fat, point is, fat never really left me, it's been extremely loyal to me these past 19 years. I would always be the butt of the "big jokes" in my family, and the ugly jokes in my group of friends. I don't mean to offend anyone by this, but in my head, I assumed those two were connected.

3-4 years ago when I weighed 132lbs, I started to lose weight seriously over the summer before my 11th grade (which was in a span of 2 months). It wasn't the healthiest method. I would wake up, have a small breakfast and attend badminton practice from 9am-12pm, skip lunch or have a banana or two and drink lots of water, work in my parents' office/have driving lessons, then by 7pm, I'd attend zumba class with my mom until 9pm and skip dinner. And with that, I managed to lose roughly 10lbs. By the time I got back to school, my friends would compliment me and say I had a summer glow-up. It was the happiest I felt, I stopped avoiding cameras and actually made an effort on my appearance. My parents were so happy with my weight loss that they decided to buy new clothes since my old ones were getting loose and I was entering adolescence.

Unfortunately, after that period, I got careless. I gained back those 10lbs (I'm still surprised it was just 10lbs after 3-4 years) and a bit more. Those "new" clothes got tighter and tighter as months passed. I started feeling horrible again and decided to stash those old clothes underneath my regular clothes.

Just the other day, when I finished exercising and taking a shower, I suddenly remembered those old pairs of shorts that were part of my "new" wardrobe 3-4 years ago. I had like 5-6 pairs stashed there and tried all of them. To my surprise, they all fit! Not just fit, they were loose as hell! So loose to the point I could stuff both my fists into the waistband of the shorts and still have plenty of space left. I bet I looked like an idiot and weirdo just smiling at myself in the mirror with my hands down my pants!! XD

I thought to myself, "wow, was I really this big?" I was turning side to side, just trying to remember what I did look like not too long ago. It was just a few months ago and I couldn't even remember how big I used to be! I always felt like I looked the same through and through. I have never taken "before" pictures since I was too camera shy and awkward to take a mirror selfie and track my progress, I believed a scale was enough but boy was I wrong!

I never really had any sort of "goal clothes" where I pick out old clothes from my wardrobe and try to fit into them again. I lost weight just to gain more confidence in myself for college. Though I feel stronger, I never really saw a difference in my size/body until I wore those shorts. Yes, measuring helps, but you'll never notice the difference unless you try old/new clothes. I was happy my weight was going down, but I always felt like the numbers just weren't enough, like I was never satisfied or feel accomplished. I always read about people saying how clothes felt and fit different on them after they lost weight. I never got to experience that until a few days ago.

Sorry I had nowhere else to say this, I just wanted to share the idea that trying to fit into your old/smaller clothes might just be one of the best NSV yet. It's way better than seeing the number on the scale go down, or the measurements of your body grow smaller.

submitted by /u/IntrovertTrashx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fyJaEf

No comments:

Post a Comment