Friday, May 8, 2020

I quit nicotine 2 weeks ago and it really affected my diet and weight.

I've been between smoking and vaping for the past 3 years, it's been something that's weighed on my back for awhile now. When I started my weight loss journey back in February I knew I'd eventually quit smoking but I didn't want to overwhelm myself. I've gotten to a point where I'm confident in my ability to lose weight, I trust the process and don't intend to give it up. So with this quarintine going on and my favorite vape shop closed I finally decided it's time to quit.

This isn't news to anyone but withdrawal was a bitch. I was depressed, anxious and unfulfilled and a whole lot of other conflicting emotions. My first week I ended up going over my budget several days and sometimes by a bad amount. But I will say that towards the end of the first week and now during this 2nd week im noticing some benefits.

Exercise has gotten so much easier. I used to take breaks during bike rides because I just couldn't stand the full trip. I've noticed that I'm able to go a full mile longer than I was able to before and sustain higher speeds. It was like an instant change. By the 2nd week I had pretty much fixed my eating schedule to about where I was before. I just forgave myself and moved on. Now that things are semi back to normal I realized that I was using nicotine to replace the hole that food left. Now that I've lost both I've been truly working on myself and my mentality. Focusing on not only my physical health but my mental health too.

Sorry if that's a little off the rails but my point is that if you're still addicted to smoking and you're well into your journey, I'd consider giving it up. Don't take on more than you can bare of course, buy after the first week it does get easier.

Edit: forgot to mention my weight, it did go up a few pounds which was disheartening of course. But it's part of the process and it's at this point stabilized.

submitted by /u/Stuntman222
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SNqAPa

No comments:

Post a Comment