Tuesday, May 5, 2020

"Hunger is NOT an Emergency"

Just for a little background, I am doing IF 16:8 + CICO (at least 1500cal/day, more if I exercise)

I wanted to share a quick little bit of information that I came across reading a book called "The Beck Diet Solution". I love this book and I have found it incredibly helpful, but that's not what I'm here to talk about. I'm here to talk about a something specific that was said in it: "Hunger is not an emergency". This resonated with me because I've been at the grocery store or just going through the day and at the first sign of hunger, I try to find whatever's closest to make that uncomfortable feeling go away. It's never life threatening and if I just wait until I get home, I can make something that follows my plan. But all too often I have given into that sensation instead of telling it to just hold on a little longer. Maybe I'll drink some water and see if it's that, but most of the time I won't.

I feel like as long as I can remember, I have been afraid of being hungry. It's scary to feel hunger, especially when your next meal seems SOOOOO far away. It's slightly uncomfortable and it's just easier to snack on something. Even though it's not a part of my plan, I'm sure it won't derail my progress too much, right? As I'm going through this weight loss journey again (for the last time), I am starting to become more aware of my body's signals and embrace that hunger. All my years of being overweight and giving into slight hunger pangs has made it difficult for me to recognize the difference between a craving and actual hunger, and now I'm starting to realize when it's actually time to eat. I drink water, tea, distract myself with work and when that fails, I know it's time to feed the beast. I'm learning that my hunger is not an emergency. I don't need to find the first place in sight and grab food, I don't need to give into every bored snacking whim, I don't need to drop everything I'm doing just to silence the little rumbles in my tumbles. My hunger is ABSOLUTELY not an emergency.

submitted by /u/Kyledoesketo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WvvWiV

No comments:

Post a Comment