Monday, May 11, 2020

Mood Swings, Irritability, Feeling Depressed - Looking for Guidance

Background: M/26/5'9 SW 335+, CW 273ish, GW 180

Hey all,

A few years ago, I came off some meds that numbed my emotions about my health. When I came off of those meds, I dropped weight through almost all diet and a bit of exercise. I went from 335+ to 300 quite easily.

Life kinda hit, I had some big life events, and I maintained for about a year. I then began a high-stress, long-hours job and lost track of my loss. I bounced up to 310.

In December of last year, I decided I wanted to get back to my health journey. I started hitting the gym for the first time in WAY too long, was lifting, doing great cardio, etc. My eating was still pretty garbage.

When quarantine began, I realized that it was such a perfect opportunity for me to lose - I take all the time that used to be spent commuting, getting dressed for work, etc. and use that time to cook, meal prep, etc. It has been great.

I don't really follow macros - I've been doing pure CICO. I have been eating at a deficit. Initially I was probably eating around 1800 per day, and I hit a speedbump, so I dropped to about 1000-1500 per day. Weight loss continued.

Now I have started experiencing extreme irritability. I get very angry when I get off-hours work emails. I get mad when my girlfriend is chewing too loudly. Even silly stuff like video games can get me angry.

But the next second, I'm sad, scared, anxious, whatever, about myself, the state of the world, my job, my diet, my weight loss progress, etc. Just negative emotions. I probably have cried every week day for the past week.

Has anyone else experienced this in a deficit? It makes sense to me that one may experience this in a deficit, but maybe if I can just get some real affirmation, I can frame my negative emotions and realize that they are part of a bigger improvement.

Sorry for the rambling, but anyone experience his?

submitted by /u/ezweight
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fIHWqq

No comments:

Post a Comment