Monday, May 11, 2020

My mom’s weight loss success has inspired the start of my own weight loss journey

My mom has lost more than 100 pounds and while she still has a long way to go, I can see all the positive changes in her.

First of all, her breathing is a lot better. Before she lost weight, she wheezed a lot and snored loudly when she slept (she literally was as loud as a train) but now, she breathes so much quieter and better than before. I can actually sleep in the same room as her now. This also goes hand in hand with how much better she sleeps. She is able to get a good night’s rest and not feel so tired during the day.

Another thing worth mentioning is that my mom has rheumatoid arthritis. This causes her joints to become swollen and painful and is part of her motivation to lose weight. In addition to her arthritis treatment, her weight loss has greatly improved her quality of life in this aspect and it has caused her to be in a better mood when she gets home from work.

Also, my mom feels more confident. She always looked so uncomfortable. She hated shopping for clothes for herself and she hated taking pictures without someone hiding her fatness. Now, she feels so much better about herself and, again, it helped improve her moods. She is better mentally and I am so happy for her.

Finally, she has a lot more stamina. She is able to climb the stairs to our fourth-floor apartment without breaking a sweat and last week, we even walked a whole mile together which was unimaginable before.

I wish I could post her before and after pictures because the transformation is truly amazing and it’s definitely something to be proud of. She hasn’t declared victory yet so she isn’t ready for an after picture. She has inspired my sister and I to start losing weight. I am 17F, 5’3 187.5 lbs and I have been overweight for as long as I can remember, even during childhood. I hope that by the year’s end (or maybe by the time college starts this fall), I will have dropped at least 15-20 lbs.

submitted by /u/im_losing_it_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35X7TOs

No comments:

Post a Comment