Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Need some advice, haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks on 1500cal/day?

Alright so I'll tell you how I was before vs now and my old eating habits. I started my CICO diet of 1500 calories/day 3 weeks ago. I'm a 20 year old male, 180cm/5'10", 120kg/264.5lbs, sedentary lifestyle.

Before the diet I'd eat on average 2500-2900 calories a day, ordering fast food maybe 3-4 times a month and not paying any mind to how much I'm eating or nutrients or anything like that, I'd eat junk food and snacks all day and drink upwards of 3-4L of coke a week, I maintained 130kg with this lifestyle for as far as I can remember, years.

Then thanks to my amazing friends who convinced me of how unhealthy coke is, I stopped drinking it cold turkey a few months ago from now, only ever drinking water and sparkling water, and over the course of a month or so after stopping it I lost 10kg right away, ever since then with zero other changes in my diet and still no exercise I have maintained 120kg with 2-3kg fluctuation over the week, this was all before I started this diet.

I consoled a calorie calculation site to tell me how many calories I burn just by existing, to confirm what a dietitian I visited a long time ago told me, and I should indeed be losing 1kg/week if I'm eating 2200 calories a day, but my friend who lost a ton of weight and was advising me on how to follow his progress told me to just stick to 1500/day as it's the minimum for males either way so that's what I did.

I started this diet coincidentally on the first day of Ramadan and me being a muslim meant I had to do intermittent fasting (3:35am to 6:35pm no eating or drinking whatsoever) so this of course meant I had to spread my 1500 calories over two meals, usually one at 6:35pm and the other anywhere between 10pm and 2am, my usual way of doing this is to eat 800-1000 calories on my 6pm meal and a lighter meal later in the night.

I'm wondering if this intermittent fasting would be affecting my weight loss? Maybe triggering some body mechanism that prevents fat burning or so?

This being an Egyptian household meant plenty of fatty/fried foods every day so I had to lessen my portions even more than I otherwise would, but on the positive side this also means I ate more protein than I otherwise would too.

The first week of the diet I didn't have a food scale so I eyeballed my measurements, used a measuring cup, or just used recipes from MyFitnessPal (banana pancakes FTW) to make sure I'm eating within 1500 a day only,

Then I got a food scale and started measuring everything down to the gram, according to MFP I've been eating: 45% carbs 32% fat 23% protein which exceeded the 'goals' it set up for me of 50/30/20% respectively.

So now I eat zero snacks, and only water if I feel peckish, if I feel especially hungry after eating most of my 1500 calories I'll eat watermelon or other fruits that can be eaten in large quantities without adding too many calories, if I plan on ordering fast food (chicken sandwich avg 682 calories including fries but no drink) I'll eat lighter meals on that day to stay within my 1500,

I'm at 3 weeks on this diet so far and I am still fluctuating around 120kg (range 116-120) which should be impossible according to my friend. What I'm thinking is that I'm either burning visceral fat or I need more time. What do you think?

submitted by /u/theyoussef123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WT8UmB

No comments:

Post a Comment