Tuesday, May 12, 2020

NSV: Seeing my weight increasing did not send me into a frenzied panic like it normally does, and I can't believe I've gotten this far in my weight loss journey!

My weight loss journey started last June. I was at 179 lbs as a 5'9" female. Through CICO and a bit of IF I managed to get my weight down to 141. However, COVID happened and normal life went out the window, including my exercise routine and diet. I weighed myself this morning after admittedly avoiding it for a while. Over the past few weeks my diet certainly has not been on point. I've had takeout sushi a couple of times with my family, a couple of virtual wine nights with friends, and I have been a bit more lenient with my tracking. However, out of the desire to not completely sabotage my weight loss efforts during quarantine, I weighed myself.

  1. That is definitely not what I wanted to see. But, my huge non-scale win is that seeing that number did not put me into this negative thought tailspin that it normally does. I simply have been taking in more than I have been burning, which is something that is completely in my control to fix. That increase does not mean that I am a disgusting, lazy, horrible, ugly person. It simply means that at that moment this morning, I weighed 155 lbs. That is it.

CICO has given me control over something that I always thought was uncontrollable. Even during a pandemic, fat loss still boils down to calories in being less than calories being burned. I feel so freed by this, and I am back on the CICO wagon to get back down to where I was before all of this.

For anyone feeling badly right now about your weight loss efforts, please be kind to yourself. We're in a very odd and unsettling time and it is okay to not be "perfect".

submitted by /u/hobbitstoisengard26
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35Tc0ej

No comments:

Post a Comment