Thursday, May 7, 2020

SAY NO.

"Oh, but you've been on the diet the entire year!! you look so skinny!! don't you want to treat yourself? order a pizza!"

"Oo just one won't hurt!"

"Ahh you'll be fine! here, have a doughnut, you've earned it"

The fight has just begun once you've gotten 'in shape'.

I've had an epiphany when it comes to other people and weight loss in the past 9 months of my life. Most of them do not have your best interests at heart. For whatever reason, they'll be perfectly comfortable with sabotaging your efforts so long as it gives them a dopamine hit, "I made a difference today!"
Yes, I underestimated enemy number one: the 'Yes Men' around you. I was at 11 and a half st by the end of last year, I'm now back at almost 15. Saying Yes to those sentences above and others is what got me here, I now have the rest of this year to get myself back down to where I want to be again. I'll do this because it takes a hell of a lot more than *that* to stop me. You'll see a post from me in October confirming that, so hold me to it.

This isn't for me, it's for the rest of you.

You are declaring war on your worst habits with weight loss. It's a cut throat conflict and your brain is not on your side for the first few months. It will take convincing, and even then, it may switch allegiances behind your back. You have to set yourself rules that your brain will follow regardless of what ANYONE says to you, there are NO exceptions. Set IN STONE.

Here, have a doughnut .. = here, get fat again.. NO.

Lets order takeout! celebrate your diet success!! ... = let's get you eating junk again! NO.

One cookie won't hurt is never 'one cookie'.. do not play with sugar. NO.

Ohhh, one soda will be fine.. NO.

You don't do that anymore. They don't know what they're talking about. One bad habit can open the floodgates, and you won't even realise you're neck deep until months later.

This is for YOU, you're doing this for YOURSELF, it is NOT about what other people expect.

SAY NO. You've earned it.

submitted by /u/thisaccount01
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dmZTZt

No comments:

Post a Comment