Saturday, May 9, 2020

SV: I am officially HALFWAY THERE!!!

In December 2019 I hit the highest number I have ever weighed, 154.2. Only 1.8 lbs away from being medically overweight. I was depressed, binging, and lonely. Eating entire pints of ice cream with bags of chips and Twinkies all washed down with Gatorade alone in my dorm room and drinking Starbucks three times a day because food was the only thing that brought me any happiness. I still fit in my clothes from 15 lbs before, and I still looked pretty good in them, but I knew if I didn't do something things would get out of control. Cue weight loss.

Today I hit 137.2 lbs, a total of 17 down since January, and halfway to my goal of 120! I don't see a dramatic change in the mirror, but I've lost two inches off my waist and my cheekbones are starting to come back. I gain weight in my face and stomach super easily. I also started Lexapro to treat my depression and anxiety and have been feeling SO MUCH BETTER. I can actually fall asleep at night like.,..easily?? I don't lie awake and worry for hours? It's insane!!

I'm so proud of myself for sticking with things this long. I have not been super consistent (basically took the entire month of March off...), but I've managed to get back on the wagon after every slip up. I'm now confident that I'll be able to hit 120 after trying and failing for years to do so, because honestly, tracking calories and sticking to my deficit has become almost second nature to me now! I want to look good when it's time to go back to college in the fall.

Mostly I'm just glad I managed to take back the reins from my eating habits before I completely spiraled!! Thank you for listening and I hope to see y'all again in September when I reach my goal!

submitted by /u/anxiousrosee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YQbn3E

No comments:

Post a Comment