Sunday, May 3, 2020

[SV] Lost 20 lbs since December. Just the beginning

SW: 260, CW: 240 GW: 170. Height: 5'8-5'9, Male.

I feel SO GOOD. My blood pressure dropped, no more aches across my shoulders, neck arteries, arms. No more warm flushed face. I was in so much pain and discomfort.

My varicose veins don't hurt as much.

Knee and hip pains have lessened. Exercise is easier!

I feel less brain fog. I can think more clearly. Mood has improved.

Things that I've learned:

Restaurants, delis, fast food: prepared outside food, they're OUT TO KILL YOU

You're an addict, they need you coming back for another hit. They're not your friends, they're your dealer.

Prepare your own food!!!! Use less oil, less salt, less sugar!

Control your hunger! Hunger is a powerful instinct trigger - maybe the most powerful. So I recommend do weight loss SLOWWWWW:

First chance WHAT you eat:

Stop eating processed liquid fats, no trans fats, no hydrogenated oils. Oils are very calorie dense but not filling.

Whole carbs! Carbs are not your enemy. My diet is 70% carbs. I eat a lot of brown rice, low starch potatoes, and nutritious veggies, fruits. I eat the rainbowwww.

Limit protein too .... oooo controversial! Ask any dietitian. We don't need that much protein after a certain age. You will get enough I promise. Most Westerners and Obese people overall eat too much protein. This might be you.

After you condition yourself to eating healthier, junk food will make you feel SICK. I had french fries today and I felt like shit.

Then gradually start to eat less. I use intermittent fasting, of course.

But find what works for you! Remember your body is a reflection of your lifestyle. Just change your lifestyle and your body will change.

I used to think those fad low carb high fat gimmicky diets were my ticket but I was wrong. I kept failing on them for years. Yo-yo'd my weight.

I eventually found what worked for me, and it was a common sense, wholesome, varied diet.

Thanks for reading. Wish me luck to reaching a healthy weight!!!

submitted by /u/haleandheartless
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3b2ix7t

No comments:

Post a Comment