Thursday, May 7, 2020

Trying to get motivated to lose the last 20 pounds

So about 4 years ago I finished losing about 80 pounds. The goal was 100 pounds to a healthy BMI, but at 80 pounds of weight loss I was doing everything I wanted to do. I looked the way I wanted to look. I was also just tired of the weight loss game and wanted to eat the way I wanted to eat.

Well, I've maintained the 80 pound weight loss and now I'm pretty confident that I'll never be fat again.

Lately I've been reading a lot of books about running. Running was the primary exercise I did during my weight loss period and it culminated in my first and only half marathon about 3 years ago. Since then I run 5 or 10k's a few times a week, but nothing long distance.

But now I feel inspired to finally start half marathon training again with the goal of moving on to a marathon. I would really love to one day run an ultra marathon, but that's probably a pipe dream.

My weight has always been a problem when it comes to running. When I push past a 10k everything aches. My feet hurt. My hips hurt. I've been to multiple physical therapists, tried different shoes, insoles, adjusted my training, but I think it pretty much comes down to those last 20 pounds.

I just can't get motivated to lose them. It was different when I hated looking in the mirror or hated how my clothes fit. Now it's just "because I want to run". That is a motivator, but not enough of one that I'll turn down a beer or a slice of cake apparently.

So how do I get motivated when fear of weight-related illness or disgust at my body isn't a factor?

submitted by /u/lentelekkers
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yr2umv

No comments:

Post a Comment