Friday, May 1, 2020

Weight loss for children?

Hi! So I (24 f) have moved back home during quarantine and like many, am taking this time to drop a few lbs. But my concern is actually about my 12, soon to be 13 year old sister. She is pretty overweight, although she has slimmed down a bit since I've last seen her. I am concerned about her health because she has constan back pain. I got her and my other sister to do a (HIIT) workout with me yesterday and although I know its super hard, I was really sad when she started complaing about her back problems.

Both my other sister and I were overweight at that age. While I grew taller and slimed out as I played competitive sport, my sister had a bad eating disorder, although she is now at a normal weight. (Come to think of it, I actually had an eating disorder too that helped me lose weight.)

My 12 year old sister often remarks about wanting to lose weight, and I would love to help her, but I know how senstitive an issue this can be. Also, getting a 12 year old to count calories seems unrealistic to me, even though I know this is probably the easiest and most fool proof way to lose weight. Another big problem I'm facing is that I rarely if ever see her eat. Both her and my sister sleep most of the day and are up until 3-6 AM. I think she does all her eating late at night.

TLDR: how do you help a 13 year old lose weight without calorie counting or damaging their self esteem?

submitted by /u/nomoretangles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KRMcW4

No comments:

Post a Comment