Friday, May 8, 2020

Why don’t people support my weight loss journey?

Hi all, hopefully I’m allowed to post this. I started my weight loss journey at 140 pounds (i’m 5’5) and now I’m at 128 (goal weight around 120-115 still deciding)

I have dropped 8 pounds in the span of three weeks, since I started my work out routine, but when I told my friends they didn’t receive it well.. like I’m trying to be a healthier and happier person? Why would they be so negative? They sent me messages about how I was already beautiful, and didn’t need to lose weight, and I shouldn’t starve myself etc.

Aren’t they supposed to be supportive? I’ve always struggled with my weight and they’ve known that, but it really feels like they just don’t want to see me slim down, like they don’t want me to change. The only person who has supported me is my boyfriend- which I really appreciate.

But like I said, I just don’t get why they responded with caution and not excitement, like they’re scared of me being confident in a bikini. Can somebody explain to me why? It’s a big motivation killer.

Thanks for reading

submitted by /u/AggressivePebble
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2znbgSB

No comments:

Post a Comment