Sunday, September 20, 2020

A journey of water weight - thought it might help people struggling with fluctuations to share my story!

So as the title says, I figured sharing an anecdote from my current weight loss journey could help people who worry about gaining a little after a 'bad' meal.

Saturday 12th September - I weighed in at 164lbs. 2lbs away from having lost 50lbs total, 4lbs from a big goal. Feeling like I'm really achieving in my weight loss.

Then came a week 'off plan'. An anniversary, family visiting, and a mini holiday where we ate out every meal and I did not track calories (this was a conscious choice - I wanted a break).

Saturday 19th September, one week later - I weighed in at 170.2lbs. I gained nearly half a stone in a week! Cue the terror, the guilt and the stress that I had ruined all my progress. But instead of letting those feelings rule me, I picked back up with my calorie deficit and drank a bunch of water.

This morning - Sunday 20th September, and I weigh in again (as I typically weigh daily). And I am suddenly 166.6lbs. I've dropped 3.6lbs of the weight I had 'gained' in just one day. That's the magic of water weight! I would expect to lose most of what I gained within the next couple of days, and maybe have one pound ish of actual fat that I need to lose.

I guess in essence, I'm saying don't stress about fluctuations, about days or weeks off plan. Just give yourself some grace, pick back up with your eating habits, and you will see the weight shift pretty quickly!

submitted by /u/msryluvscmpny
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RJyUhS

No comments:

Post a Comment