Saturday, September 19, 2020

ADHD and weight loss

I’m frustrated. I have ADHD, and while apps like MFP are a godsend, because they make it easier to track my CICO, the ADHD makes it so hard.

I was doing OK before the pandemic. I’m a competitive swimmer and so at first I had to switch to Bootcamp in my back yard and running, but at age 43 my joints don’t like the running.

So fortunately, I live somewhere by the ocean and I can swim there, and the Apple Watch helps me with my calorie burn metrics, but the ADHD...

...when I’m off my meds it’s so hard to control the impulse to eat. I’ve gained 20 lb and I was already 20 overweight.

To make it worse, I’m a doctor. I cant be this overweight. It’s not OK. And I’m supposed to know what to do, but I also know what will happen if I don’t get this under control.

So fellow ADHDers, what do you do when the impulse to eat hits?

submitted by /u/Phagemakerpro
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZUbivD

No comments:

Post a Comment