Sunday, September 6, 2020

Advice for overcoming yoyo dieting

In 2010 I developed schizophrenia and was put on a lot of medication which had side effects of weight gain. I almost doubled my weight within a year. Ever since, I have been trying and failing to lose the weight. I started recording my efforts in 2014 - the graph below shows my progress. I am feeling really hopeless after trying so many times and gaining the weight back. Because my metabolism is so slow from the meds I have to eat 1200 - 1300 cals or less to lose any weight and I think this is one of the reasons I keep being unable to stick to a diet. I've tried with exercise and without, intermittent fasting, a vegan diet and just plain CICO.

I'm planning on asking my doctor for help at my next appointment but I'm not very hopeful as she has ruled out weight loss medication and I don't qualify for weight loss surgery. My height is 170cm and my weight is 107kg - almost at the highest it's ever been. My cholesterol is high as well. Has anyone succeeded after years of yoyoing and if so what helped you stick it out? I'd really appreciate some advice and encouragement.

Weight graph

submitted by /u/metamorphosis17
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DyGNDo

No comments:

Post a Comment