Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Calorie intake while recovering from a sprained ankle

I’ve been a week into my weight loss journey, and have been lifting weights in the gym, HIIT training, getting 10,000 steps a day, and eating about 1,600 calories a day. I am a 23 year old, 145 pound, 5’6 woman. Everything has been going great, up until I fell off a bunk bed and landed horribly on my ankle. It is severely sprained and I now have to remain in a boot for a very long time. I intend on doing upper body weight lifting and core work, as well as some ropes and the arm bike for cardio. However, what really matters when it comes to losing weight is overall activity throughout the day (TDEE and NEAT). I simply won’t be able to be active during the day very much without aggravating my ankle. So that means a lot more sitting around then I would like. That being said, how many calories do you think I should be consuming during this time while I am being so sedentary? I used the TDEE calculator but I don’t think their version of sedentary is AS sedentary as mine right now. I will be sedentary, except for a daily upper body workout and perhaps some cardio (>5,000 steps a day and one workout). With that little of activity/exercise, how many calories should I be consuming in order to lose weight (1lb per week?)

TL;DR: I am trying to lose weight (~1lb per week) and have severely sprained my ankle which has left me completely sedentary except for 1 intense upper body/core workout per day. How many calories should I be eating per day to lose weight with my current situation?

submitted by /u/mcdeathdigga
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bkqGG1

No comments:

Post a Comment