Sunday, September 6, 2020

don’t do what what i did for weight loss

When I started my weight-loss journey, I was basically in the early-overweight category. My health was fine, but, my grades were low and I had trouble focusing on anything besides my next meal/snack. I never ate vegetables, not even once that I can remember, besides like cucumbers or something. Anyways, I started out with something called “water fasting”, which was were you essentially eat nothing but water. It’d be a lose, binge, lose, binge cycle. Also, all I did was cardio- after some time, I could barely last a whole workout with some 8-pound dumbbells, even though I was a healthy weight, and seemed “healthy”. I had this way of thinking that I could never just take some days off from fasting, and any days that I did eat, I would binge, and then promise myself to fast the next day. Of course, intermittent fasting is fine for weight loss, however, long-term, you have to be able to keep it up and be okay with messing up sometimes. After about 2.5 months, I went from about 150 pounds to 110, which was my lowest since like 5th grade or so. I thought I lost a lot of weight, but it was mostly all water. The second I started eating again, the number on the scale went up, and I was bloated. This went on for a while, with several fad diets and fasting, and about a year later, I can clearly say that I was very desperate. I had lost a lot of muscle mass, my personality was just tired and hungry, and I just kept thinking that because I was skinny, everything was better. It wasn’t. Now, I track my calories to make sure i’m eating enough, exercise properly with weights and cardio in hopes of gaining muscle mass, and accept that I won’t look “better” if i’m unhappy. I will say that I did gain back about 10-15 pounds of water, but I pretty much look the same since I’m eating properly and am exercising properly. The moral here is DO NOT DO WHAT I DID. YOU WILL NOT FEEL GOOD. DO SOMETHING SUSTAINABLE FOR YOU. Whether that be intermittent fasting, keto, paleo, etc. Find something that will actually be a sufficient amount of food, and not something that you’ll give up on and binge on later. Nutrition is the most important factor (to me) in weight loss, or as I now call it, fat loss. Don’t jump into anything really fast, take it slow, make small changes to your diet. Whether that be standing up and walking for like 5 minutes more, or including a HIIT routine 3 times a week. Also, moderation is key, don’t deprive yourself of your favorite foods, just eat a smaller portion, try a healthier alternative, or just eat it, and don’t worry about it. Weight-loss shouldn’t be terrible. Don’t treat it like it is, and do crazy stuff.

submitted by /u/shreyyan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2R2YVIS

No comments:

Post a Comment