Thursday, September 17, 2020

getting out of the 170s and binge eating - help! :(

I started my weight loss in May 2019. I was 230lbs at 5’7 (F) and one day I woke up and suddenly decided I was going to lose weight. And I did! By September I’d lost 42lbs (CICO and weight lifting), before quarantine I’d lost 57lbs and now I’ve been sitting at around 171lbs for months.

I didn’t lose much weight during quarantine but I did develop some super healthy habits. I started doing HIIT workouts at home since the gyms were closed, I was going for long long walks in nature every day, I was home cooking all my meals, I was happy!!! I felt so healthy, relaxed and content! But then quarantine ended and we all returned to work and I have been struggling so so much to adjust back to my “normal” life after 4 months of being at home.

I feel miserable that my long, free days at home are now filled with 2 hours of commuting and 8 hours at a desk. Having to actually DO things again left me feeling exhausted. The gyms reopened and I’ve been going maybe twice a week (I prefer to do 4-5 days a week) but my eating habits are...out of control. I have a very bad binge eating habit which has come back in full force. I can eat perfectly healthy all day long easily, I feel like after all this time that habit in deeply engrained which I’m very thankful for. But oh my god the evening bingeing. On the way home from work I’ll go to the shop, almost in a trancelike state (fellow bingers I know you know what I’m talking about) and pick up sweets and chocolate. I know I shouldn’t, but I do. Then I come home, eat my dinner and then I start my binge. Every single night. I’ve stopped tracking but I must be eating less than 1000kcals of “normal” food each day and maybe 1500-2000kcals of sweets and chocolate every day which is insanely unhealthy and I feel awful that I’m doing it. My weight is stable for now but I know it won’t be for much longer, and I’m sure it’ll be doing harm inside my body which I can’t see and that scares me. So today it ends. I need to stop this before I lose control completely and end up back at 230lbs or with diabetes or SOMETHING. So here I am at day 1 round 2, armed with my little calorie journal.

First time round I used other people’s posts on this sub as motivation but I never really posted or engaged myself. However this time feels much harder and I NEED community and support. No one else in my life has these issues or would understand and it’s so difficult when you feel so alone with it all. So my lovely new friends, please help me! Throw all your support/advice/experiences at me! I really do need it. And if anyone else is in a similar position to me (trying to lose the last ~20lbs, trying to quit bingeing) - I’m here for you too!

Sorry for super long post lmao TLDR: life is hard after quarantine but I can’t let that sink me back into my terrible binge habits and weight gain EDIT- SORRY FOR FORMAT IM ON MOBILE🙄

submitted by /u/littleglasscat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35I1Mzc

No comments:

Post a Comment