Monday, September 21, 2020

Has anyone noticed a link between weight loss plateaus and low iron? F/20/5'5" SW:200 CW: 164.5

I started my weight loss journey in April, and I've lost 35.5 lbs since then, mainly through CICO and exercising for 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week.

I hit a plateau about a month ago, even though I've been adjusting my caloric intake as needed as I lost weight. I've tried everything to get out of it, including eating at maintenance for a couple of weeks before eating at a deficit again, increasing my exercise level, decreasing my caloric intake further, et al., but nothing really worked.

I had to get some blood tests done recently, and found out I have low iron levels. I'm curious as to whether this might be the reason I haven't been losing weight as steadily as I've been before. My doctor prescribed me iron supplements, but unfortunately I have to wait until I get paid to pick those up.

Has anyone been through the same thing? Did you start losing weight again once your iron levels were back to normal?

submitted by /u/hhorlogerie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kFxJg1

No comments:

Post a Comment