Monday, September 14, 2020

I can't tell my husband I'm losing weight -- So I'll just tell you fine people

I'm already at a "healthy range" of weight, but I've been needing to drop my flabby COVID pounds (about 25 pounds is my goal), and so far I've dropped the first 10 pounds this past month using CICO. My uniform is fitting better, I'm feeling better, and I like that there is less jiggle in the in mirror. However, I can't say anything to my husband because he'll just turn it around and make my weight loss all about him. It's very depressing and disheartening for me to say "Hey, I've lost 10 pounds!" only to be greeted with "oh that's nice. I wish I could lose weight, but I'm just so busy and [gestures broadly at nothing] that I just can't right now."

I've yo-yo'ed between the same 30 pound range for 14 years, and whenever I get serious to drop the flab, my husband just whines that he wishes he could lose his extra 80 pounds too (but then never does a goddamn thing about it). So I'm keeping this shit to myself this time. I'd rather have null-encouragement than my traditional no-encouragement from my husband. Thankfully, I've never gotten negative comments, so glass half full I guess.

For the first time in 14 years, this weight loss festival is all about me and nobody else. And since I can't tell anyone around me, I'm telling you. I've lost 10 pounds, baby! Yeah! Only 20 more to go and I will be back in my bikini-wear just in time for...Christmas. In northern Minnesota.

submitted by /u/The_Flying_Ferret
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RnKkaY

No comments:

Post a Comment