Monday, September 14, 2020

Not feeling proud of what you've done..?

I just wonder if anyone else feels like this? My highest weight was 460lbs officially, probably higher. I got down to 420lbs by quitting drinking fulltime and quitting fast food. Since April I've gone from 420lbs to 330lbs by learning about IF/CICO/TDEE and sticking to a set meal plan. I have no problem with motivation to keep going. I believe I will get to my goal weight no problem (180), which will be early mid next year. If I struggle with anything it's just patience, I just want to jump ahead a few months to be X weight. But that's not a big struggle. That is another problem though, since I learned about IF/CICO/TDEE, weight loss has been stupidly easy for me. I know most find it difficult, and I have in the past but for whatever reason, this time it's a cake walk.

I always see people say they are so proud of themselves, but I don't feel proud of my progress at all. I've totally gone off all my blood pressure meds, and my blood glucose is perfect. I'm fitter than I have been in a very long time, I'm getting into mountain biking. Stuff I could never have done a few years ago. I've gone from "Super" morbidly obese (BMI >50) to just regular garden variety "morbidly obese" and I should be just regular "obese" before the end of the year. So I should be proud right? However to me, I just feel like I'm rectifying a problem that was entirely of my own making anyway, and therefore its nothing to be proud of? I intentionally ate/drank my way to 460. It was a fairly conscious decision and I just didn't care.

I see people say things like, 'well most people don't manage to lose the weight', well ok, but most people, as in the vast majority, don't get to almost 500lbs either! I just don't feel like losing the weight is anything to be proud of, because I never should have let it happen in the first place.

I don't even know what the point of this post is, I guess I just wonder if other people feel similarly.

submitted by /u/lookoutlava
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35B1kCN

No comments:

Post a Comment