Monday, September 21, 2020

I lost 1.5 pounds per week consistently for three months. Then I gained 14 pounds in 10 days. I'm so bummed.

Background: I started taking my weight loss seriously in July--eating mainly vegetables and cutting out the processed stuff as well as making a point to go for a walk every day. The motivation for me came when I was told I had very high cholesterol... I'm in my mid-twenties so that was a wake up call.

I was really in a good pattern of eating well and feeling good doing it. It was a good feedback loop: eat healthy, feel healthier and I was starting to believe that I was actually "healthy," that always seemed like something other people were as I guzzled the Cheetos.

On 10 Sep. I got some stressful news regarding uni which changed my whole term plan and I was really down. All of my built up confidence and the new identity I was creating as acting healthy, feeling healthy, BEING healthy, just disappeared. I started mainlining junk food. Then several days later I learn my ex is in town. That set me off too and the junk tirade continued.

Cut to yesterday. I'm up 14 lb.

I am so disappointed. I guess I get it. That number just sucks after so much time and effort put in for the last three months. So much gradual progress. I feel like an idiot. And how ridiculous that I was bummed with the news I got last week and only made it worse for myself.

Anyway, I'm just venting and being a bummer so if anyone read this, thanks.

If anyone has any advice for getting back into that "I'm a person who eats vegetables" mindset after completely proving that wrong and undoing all progress, that'd be cool :/

submitted by /u/julywillbehot
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32OOXBq

No comments:

Post a Comment