Tuesday, September 8, 2020

I lost 35lbs and my Father is trying to beat my record

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster, feel free to educate me on reddit etiquette.

I am 21/F standing at a proud 5’3” and I currently weigh 125lbs after starting my weight loss journey in March where I attended my annual physical where I weighed in at 160lbs and my doctor warned me I was in danger of obesity. After some grueling exorcise and practicing a strict CICO diet I lost the weight and have managed to keep it off!

Now getting into the meat of the story, my father (50/M 6’0” 260lbs) quit smoking back in January. He has since been smoke free but the withdrawal had the unfortunate side effect of causing him to gain 45lbs within those months.

Recently I went to visit my Dad and step-mom after we were tested for Covid-19 and our tests came back negative and both of them were shocked by my weight loss and gave me lots of love and encouragement. That night after we were having some drinks on the patio my Father asked me how much weight I had lost and declared that he was going to beat my record. I had thought he was joking at the time but he has since bought a treadmill and started on his own diet and asks me for daily tips!

I had never imagined my weight loss would ever affect anyone else as positively as it has effected me but my father now exercises daily and he and my step-mother are practicing healthy eating in solidarity for me!

Losing weight has been a miracle for me and I wanted to share this with everyone, thank you for all the tips and encouragement on this sub! This may be my first post here but I like to lurk and have found so much motivation here! From my family to yours, Thank you!

submitted by /u/Ratatastic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lYkDvT

No comments:

Post a Comment