Tuesday, September 8, 2020

It’s true, you don’t HAVE to exercise to lose weight. But maybe you should anyway.

Tl;Dr: Lost a bunch of weight, felt ok. Started weight training and intense cardio. Feel amazing.

My weight loss journey is far from linear. But overall, I had gone from 207 lbs. (93.9 kilos) to 173.7 lbs. (78.8 kilos) by December 2019. I’m 1.59 cms.

In January, my ex broke up with me, and the relief started a self care period. Since then, I managed to get to 132.3 lbs (60 kilos), just by tweaking my diet and taking walks. But my weight loss slowed down, because I was essentially eating at maintenance. CICO, after all.

A little over a month ago, I got spurned. Badly. And because I have ADHD, I had all this mental energy I just couldn’t channel productively. So I decided to hit the gym hard, so I had something to focus on, and to tire myself out.

I now weigh 125.2 lbs (56.8 kilos), but more impressive than the weight loss, is how I feel. It has become so...easy to just exist. Move. Jump. Stand up. Climb stairs. Hold items. Last night, I got up from a bench, and while I haven’t had to use my hands in a while, now it was just ridiculously easy. In fact, it was so easy, I did it again, and then again, and again, and then about 5 times in a row, just up and down.

My body is changing, as I am apparently one of those rare women who do develop muscle very quickly (some women are afraid of weight training because it will make them bulky. It usually won’t. It is making me a little bulky, not gonna lie) and I love it. I won’t become an avid weigh lifter, but this new body, with muscles that can hold me up and push me forwards, it’s incredible.

So, to lose weight, you don’t have to exercise. But the really fun part, the getting fit part, you do need to work out for. But it can become a lot of fun, and the new things you’ll be able to do, or do with more ease, holy crap dude. It’s amazing. Oh, and toning up is great to see happening, it’s so visible now that I’ve lost the weight.

submitted by /u/Morigyn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2R5mJf4

No comments:

Post a Comment