Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Learning a new lifestyle, triggers and all

Progress stats: 25F, 5'7", SW: 180, CW: 145 GW: 145 -150

I have reached my goal and have been in the process of maintaince for the past few weeks! I have never thought I would be able to see the 140's again (to it's been atleast 7 years) but I made it. One thing I learned during this whole process which might be helpful is how important it is to know what your triggers are. My biggest struggle I found while embarking on this journey was that hearing or seeing other people eat, it made me want to eat. It sounds strange I know but legit hearing someone much on chips made me salivate, I felt some pressure to eat along with them and I felt judged if I didn't. Now I am able to healthley recognize that just because someone else is eating doesn't mean I have to as well. This was a huge realization as to why I fell into horrible habits prior to commiting to healthier eating habits. I also am now able to to recognize when I have been paying too much attention to what the scale says, and not enough attention to how i am feeling. There has been days where I go on the scale at least 4 times checking to see if I had a drop, I am now able to recognize that checking the scale that often is not fair to me, and I usually will take a few days off from checking the scale but continue eating within the bounds of my "diet". I refuse to punish myself by waiting for the scale to go up from enjoying a chicken burger with a bun every once in awhile. I know this might seem silly but I hope this helps someone else during their weight loss journey. I would love to know if anyone else has experience something similar!

submitted by /u/Anonnn12341
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33tUHzF

No comments:

Post a Comment