Monday, September 14, 2020

My spouse is not supportive.

I need help with how to get my spouse to stop encouraging unhealthy eating.

I have told them several times that I am actively working on weight loss. I have made meals and snacks and buy groceries that are clearly to help me with better eating. Everytime they offer food, I tell them I'm not interested in what they are offering because I am trying to limit my sugars and carbs.

I am obese. My BMI is around 42. I'm not proud of it, but I mention it because I am clearly in need of change for my health. So it's not like I'm trying to cut down 5lbs or am already in decent health and can eat fast food sometimes. I need to lose around 100lbs. Bare minimum 30lbs to improve some health issues. I am an emotional eater and volume eater, and for me, I can't do the "moderation" thing right now because it's a slippery slope into over eating.

Yet...routinely they bring fast food home they bought themselves and got me some, too. Today, they bring home a quarter pounder, french fries, and a BAG of reese's - for me, they had their own food. And just set them in front of me like "I got you a surprise!" Even after they asked if I wanted anything and I said no, I already ate lunch. They reacted with sad face.

I'm not starving myself, I'm not unhappy with the healthy food I'm eating or complaining about it.

I just don't know how to make it sink in that I need their HELP and for them to stop trying to give me unhealthy food. Yes, I have explicitly said I NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS. They don't care about their weight, they can eat whatever they want and don't gain weight. They aren't concerned about other health issues like heart health or cholesterol either, because I have suggested visited a doctor due to family history.

I really need suggestions if you've been in this situation and have been able to get support from your partner.

Other than throwing the french fries at them, I'm out of ideas (no I didn't throw them lol just in my mind).

I should also add that I don't think they are actively trying to sabotage me or acting with malice, I just don't think they understand just how important it is for me to lose weight based on health, not even looks. I weighed 65lbs less when we met, so it's not like they don't know what I'd look like or wouldn't be attracted to me.

submitted by /u/aweebitohoney
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bXSn7L

No comments:

Post a Comment