Monday, September 14, 2020

How did you overcome your "plateau"?

I lost about 40 lb last year last year, but unfortunately gained some of it back through COVID. I am back on my weight loss Journey again, and have achieved a weight which I significantly plateaued and then stalled at last year. I can't seem to beat this weight! interestingly it's just inside my healthy BMI range for me (which is great), but for health reasons I really want to reach my goal which is firmly inside the healthy BMI range.

Other people that encountered a significant plateau - did you change strategies? I'm wondering if I should switch from weighing myself to measuring my waist. I'm working out a bit more, but not real muscle mass building. I don't think I'm continuing to lose weight.

My weight loss strategy has largely been calorie counting (Mediterranean diet) and paying attention to macros (I'm not super serious about macros). Perhaps I should cut carbs completely or try intermittent fasting? These aren't things I would want to do long term, so the worry is if I do that when I reach my goal and then plan to sustain my new weight I will just add the weight back.

submitted by /u/Reb_1_2_3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32svFBx

No comments:

Post a Comment