Wednesday, September 23, 2020

My weight loss journey with loss and gains

I used to be 60 kg when I was 13 and 1.60 cm. My mom bought a scale one day and didn't have problems with me weighting 60 kg but then I got told by my mother that I was fat and that made me insecure and I went on strict diets. I did lose weight but eventually I gained back more because of all that instricting I started binge-eating. Eventually I reached 73 kg when I was 17. I start being delusional and telling myself I will never be skinny as other people and should just enjoy being fat and eat a lot of delicious food while I am at it.

In May I decided to try it again but with a different approach. Instead of heavily cutting my calories I decided to change my unhealthy food with healthy food and only drinking water and no soda. I still wanted to eat a lot and sometimes have cheat meals because I love food that's why I starting to sport more so I could still eat a lot. I started to lose weight slowly and steady. I went from 73 kg to 63 kg in 2,5 months. I eventually couldn't lose weight and stayed at the same weight for 2 weeks despite eating the same. I increased my activities. After that I dropped to 59,8 kg. I got a bit lazy so I gained weight and was 61 kg. I told myself it's okay. I'm getting back on track and I am 60,5 kg now. I went from a size L to a size S so I was very shook when I tried on new clothes.

This journey made me have a healty relationship with food and not being hard on myself. It's okay to not always stay on track. At first I wanted to lose weight for other people so I could be pretty in their eyes. But even if I lose weight for them I wouldn't be happy. So I start losing weight not as goal to fit other people's beauty standards but losing weight for myself and my health.

Sorry for my bad english by the way it isn't my first language haha.

submitted by /u/xiaoxingchen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hXXztP

No comments:

Post a Comment