Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Need Advice for my Husband, 39M 5'9" 308 lbs, slow weight loss

So a few weeks ago, my husband mentioned that he wouldn't mind "dieting" if it wasn't for all the stress / energy that went into figuring out what to eat, measuring everything and counting the calories. I offered to do that part for him, as I literally am all ready measuring and tracking all the meals I make, so it's very little extra energy on my part. (I'm tracking calories only for him, not macros)

So I used a bunch of different calculators to calculate his calories. His activity varies, he is mostly sedentary, some days he sits in a office all day, some days he ends up doing a bunch of walking on the job. So I calculated both sedentary and light exercise, and used those two to create a range of 1800-2200 calories.

He lost 2.8 pounds the first week. This week he only lost 0.8. His 7 day running average for calories was 1930.

Other pertinent info: he has gout, so can't eat tons of meaty protein, and his last A1C was showing signs of pre-diabetes, so he most likely has a little bit of Insulin Resistance going on. (However, I have PCOS and pretty severe IR, so most of my cooking is not super carb heavy anyway.)

I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions. There's always the chance that this week was just a odd week, but I'm not a man, and I can tell he's frustrated. He is an essential worker, so stress might also be a factor.

submitted by /u/DichotomyGirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jAGszm

No comments:

Post a Comment