Monday, September 14, 2020

Not "obese" anymore after 7.5 months!

I thought I was still obese, but I recently realised I'm an inch taller than I thought I was, which just pushes me over into the "overweight" category. Not at my goal yet, but I thought this was pretty cool! I've been on a deficit of around 1500 calories, with little to no exercise. I've been aiming to lose a bit less than 2lbs a week. Some weeks I've lost a bit more, some weeks a bit less, but overall, after about 63lbs lost, over 32 weeks, I've lost approx. 1.96lbs a week. I recently pushed my calories up a bit, and started doing some moderate/light exercise on my stationary bike. I'm trying to find a balance of calories and exercise that will help me lose around 1.8lbs a week.

Before this successful weight loss, I had a couple failed attempts, and they were mainly because I was paying way too much attention to macros (fat/carbs/protein) and sodium. I'd become overwhelmed and quit because I ate too much sodium on one day. Another thing that deterred me from weight loss was also the whole "lifestyle change" thing. It sounds huge and intimidating. But it can really be as small as just not drinking soda, or eating less sweets. It's not a thing you have to adapt to in one go, just take baby steps.

Another problem was that I hated being hungry in the middle of the day, and would end up overeating because I didn't like being hungry later in the day. At the end of January this year, I had a realisation that I could try intermittent fasting, so I could go hungry at the start of the day, and then feel full later on, and not overeat. And it was that that sparked the weight loss. I don't do IF anymore, because I can stick to my calorie intake without it. Overall, I haven't found it too much of a struggle. Occasionally there's times where I may overeat, but it's nothing much.

The only problems I have, are that I don't feel like I've lost weight. 63lbs is a good amount if you were to pick it up in one go. It doesn't feel (or look, to me) like I've lost that much. I've started exercising with the hope that it'll energise me a bit more. I don't feel terrible or anything, I feel about the same as before the weight loss. Or maybe I do feel a lot better, but don't realise it because weight loss is so gradual.

A hard thing to accept is that weight loss takes a long time. You really have to get used to it.

submitted by /u/Its_Blazertron
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kgUfLM

No comments:

Post a Comment